It’s the perfect chance to see many Canadian knitting vendors all in one spot. It’s my first time attending any sort of fibre festival and I’m so excited. And a little bit nervous. I know that I’m going to be overwhelmed with fibre-y goodness. To keep my emotions (and spending) in check I’ve tried to approach it practically.
Tips for a Successful Fibre Festival
- Arrive early. Parking is a premium and hiking to the venue is not the best use of yarn shopping time
- Do a complete tour before making any big purchases. You never know who’s got the best deals.
- Bring cash. Preferably only as much as you
wantcan afford to spend and leave the credit card at home. You’ll appreciate it later. Yarn fumes can have strange effects on your will power.
- Bring water/snacks. I tend to get a bit crabby if I don’t have enough of either.
- Make a list. Sure, you have all kinds of project ideas and must have yarns, but the moment you step across that threshold it’s likely your mind will go blank.
And so, my own list of items to keep an eye out for: