Or so they say. I’ve been “waiting” for this cardigan to start coming together as planned. So far though, I’ve had no such luck. Since my last update I’ve finished and frogged yet another panel. In fact, it’s a small miracle that I haven’t tossed this project into the back of my stash and vowed to never think of it again. That’s how much trouble I’ve had with it. But I love the pattern. I can’t wait to see it finished and be able to proudly wear it. That’s what keeps me going. That and knowing that it’s not the projects fault that I’ve hit some road-blocks.
Remember this moment?
I do. It was before I even cast on. Before I was faced with endless problems and frustrations. It was that perfect moment before your knitting dream became a reality, and in this case turned into a bit of a nightmare.
It was definitely long before this:
After I ripped back the first “XL” panel I thought that a combination of 3.25 and 3.75 mm needles would result in the perfect size panel. I was wrong.
So I frogged it back to the end of the first chart, which I knit with 3.25mm and continued on with those needles. About halfway through the second chart I went up to 3.5mm in hopes that it’ll work out to the right size. If you thought my troubles ended here you’d be wrong too.
It’s almost as if I forgot how to knit. I’ve made more mistakes and had to tink back more than I’ve had to do on a project, EVER.
Not to mention that I figured if I just left the ripped out yarn in a crap pile it would magically stay untangled. Nope. Not a chance. I spent a good 45 min last night untangling, all the while cursing myself for not just winding it when I ripped it all out. It’s things like that, avoidable situation that have really made this project a special one.
But, looking on the bright side, I’m all untangled and the lace is really standing out and looking much better than on the larger needles. I’m truly hoping this time it works, because I’m not sure I can bear knitting this lace panel again.