My first slouchy hat is complete. It turned out pretty well, and if my head wasn’t abnormally small I’d say it was perfect. However, I do have a tiny noggin and it’s a bit large.
While making it there was a point where I stopped and thought “this would be a good spot to start the crown decreases.” I should have listened to my gut. Instead I rationalized that all the other adjustments I take the liberty of doing, I usually end up wishing I had just followed the pattern as is. So that’s what I did.
If I make it again I would do the rib with even smaller needles (about 2mm) and start the crown at 14 repeats ( or whichever one I was thinking, I really should have written that down). Other than that I’m pretty happy.