Following the advice of a classmate and fellow knitter, I decided to man up and finally finish the project I started way back in October. The Baudelaire sweater. Of course I got this inspiration at ten pm on a week night. Typical. Needless to say I didn’t finish it all, but I did get the collar made and the front and neck ruffles added.
A note on the ruffles. Bearing in mind that I tackled this far too late after a long day, my attention to detail was less than stellar at this point. After sewing both ruffles on I realized that I had sewed the collar ruffle on backwards, WS out in RS facing in. Crap.
Making sure I at least got one right I checked the front ruffle. Nope. Got that one wrong too. At least I’m consistent. At that point I couldn’t be bothered to fix it, and to be quite honest I just might leave it.
I never fail to come away with a lesson whenever I knit. Todays, pay attention to the details!